Anti-Corruption and Transparency Unit (ACTU)
ANTI-CORRUPTION AND TRANSPARENCY UNIT (ACTU)
The Anti-corruption and Transparency Unit of the Federal Ministry of Water Resources was constituted in October 2010. The Unit is charged with the responsibility of serving as a watchdog and whistle blower in matters pertaining to corruption and other social vices within the ministry, including its parastatals, agencies and commissions. The Unit is composed of six members.
NAMES OF ACTU MEMBERS
|Engr. E. A. Aderibigbe||Chairman/ Deputy Director||Irrigation & Drainage|
|Mr. Charles Uke||Secretary/Asst. Chief Admin. Officer||Human Resources Management|
|Engr. E.D. Pam||Assistant Director||Dams & Reservoir Operations|
|Barr. P.C. Mbam||Assistant Director||Legal Services|
|M. S. Ishicheli||Asst. Chief Executive Officer||Internal Audit|
|Mr. Yusuf B. Mohammed||Principal Executive Officer I||Procurement|
- Serves as the main link between the Ministry and the parastatals on one hand and the ICPC on the other;
- Receives oral and/or –written reports of conspiracy to commit or attempt to commit offence of corruption;
- Examines the practices, systems and procedures in the ministry and parastatals and where in the opinions of the Unit, such practices systems or procedures aid /facilitate fraud or corruption, it shall submit detailed report with recommendations to secretary of ICPC for appropriate action with copies to the Permanent Secretary/Chief Executive.
- Educates all officials of the Ministry and parastatals on bribery, corruption and other related offences by organizing seminars, lectures, placing appropriate and well-crafted anti-corruption posters in very conspicuous places within the premises and also the distribution of anti-corruption handbills to visitors to the Ministry.
- Monitors budget implementation;
- Submits at the end of every year a detailed annual report its activities to the Secretary of ICPC with copies to the Permanent Secretary/Chief Executives.
- Has constant consultation with the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related Offences Commission.
PROFILE OF DR. (ENGR.) E. A. ADERIBIGBE, CHAIRMAN (ACTU)
Dr. (Engr.) Elijah Adepoju Aderibigbe was born in Ilesa, Osun State on 15th January 1960. He obtained a BSc in Agricultural Engineering from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife in 1988, MSc in Agricultural Engineering from University of Ibadan in 1991, and PhD in Environmental Resource Management from Nasarawa State University, Keffi in 2016. He joined the Federal Civil Service as an Irrigation Engineer in May 1991 rising progressively to the position of Deputy Director in January 2013. He was inaugurated as Chairman of ACTU in March 2016.
He is registered as a professional engineer with Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) in 2000, as well a Corporate Member of Nigerian Society of Engineers, Nigerian Institution of Agricultural Engineers (NIAE) and Nigeria Committee on Large Dams (NICOLD) among others. He has over 26 years of experience in irrigation and drainage engineering, environmental management and anti-corruption matters.